Friday, October 20, 2006

I discovered a new and wonderful site - THREE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

Clare in Tunbridge Wells, UK publishes Three Beautiful Things every day - some sweet, wistful, some joyous, some striking and all beautiful. It has inspired me to do the same, at least for today.

1. The girl in the McDonald's window grinned out in the early morning - her silver earrings gleaming, her silvered smile another bit of moonlight.

2. I saw an owl on the way to work the other morning, large and grey and flapping on a chain link fence. It turned its beautiful and startling round face to me. This week I have seen a blue heron, several snowy egrets, a flock of circling vultures and a hummingbird. It's been a good week for birds.

3. The crisp wind bit me on the face this morning - is summer gone? Good - I like the in-between time!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

~Yeah -the summeer's gone. Autumn has arrived heralded by falling leaves singing haleluyah!! (smile).

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the wind biting you on the face. Let me rephrase that, sorry. I like the metaphor. I'm not suggesting that I like the idea of you being the one it bites!